Reading time: 9 minutes
The MOAI 11′ SUP Board is a beautiful board that can be used in almost all circumstances and offers a great experience for both beginners and advanced users.
- Very interesting price
- Upon purchase you get a complete package so you do not have to incur extra costs to start
- Suitable for both quiet and slightly wilder water
- Lightweight product that is easy to carry and inflate
- Is wonderful on the water compared to a 4.7″ thick board
- Possible to attach a SUP seat (not included)
- Maximum capacity of 330 lbs, this can sometimes be too little
- Not so agile due to its length
- The board is not fast enough for the advanced SUP boarder (5+ years experience)
Most suitable for:
- Beginners and more experienced paddleboarders
- Short and long distances
- Flat to slightly moving water (ponds, lakes)
|Length||Width||Thickness||Max weight load||Weight board|
|11′||30″||6″||330 LBS||20 LBS|
The MOAI 11′ is an allround Stand Up Paddle board that can be used for touring or possibly yoga.
Speed on the water
The MOAI 11′ board is an allround Stand Up Paddle board aimed at touring. The glide is not as long as with a racing board, but still better than average.
This inflatable board is very easy to inflate and deflate and to carry with you in the supplied backpack.
The board is very stable as it is meant for touring. With a size of 11′ x 30″ and a thickness of 6″ this board offers a lot of stability.
My own MOAI 11′ Paddle Board experience
Compared to other brands it is obvious that MOAI has a strong focus on quality. The package also contains some high quality accessories that come along with the board. (However, this is not comparable to extreme quality accessories that come with boards like the Blackfin Model X)
The paddle, the double-action pump, the ankle cord and the included trolley backpack feel very sturdy and high quality. Furthermore you will find a center fin and a repair kit in the box. The two smaller fins are not removable from the board, but this is not necessary for storage.
I really like the design of the MOAI with the tribal icons on it, which is also incorporated on the paddle blade and the backpack to make it a complete matching set.
The board is a bit heavier than its counterparts and after some research we know that this is due to the so-called Double Layer Technology. This board consists of a PVC layer, which is then covered with another layer of PVC. This provides more strength. At 20 lbs, the paddle board is quite heavy but can be lifted easily by a young adult.
Once on the water, you will immediately feel that the weight of the paddle board does a lot for the stability. Even beginners will find it easy to stand on this board thanks to its unrivalled solid design.
The anti-slip protection feels good on the feet and ensures that you have a comfortable position.
What is also great about the brand is that they aim for a better world and want to give back to the community. Read more about that on the MOAI Paddle Boards brand page.
- Center Handle – The board has a center handle to easily carry the board to the waterside once inflated.
- D-rings & cargo net – The board has several d-rings. At the front you will find a cargo net created from a leash cord with 4x d-rings. Ideal if you want to bring additional gear such as a dry bag. At the d-ring at the bottom end of the board you can attach a leash for surfing.
- Comfortable pad – The board has as a comfortable foot cushioning foam pad to stand on. This so-called EVA pad is also anti-slip.
- Detachable fin – The board has a system of 3 fins, of which the larger center fin is easily detachable from the board.
- Kick pad – For the 2021 season they also added a kick pad to the board.
The MOAI 11′ SUP board has the very sturdy and stable drop-stitch material but with a double PVC layer. The tens of thousands of polyester threads make it a very sturdy and solid board that is absolutely hard.
SUP comes with three fins at the bottom for extra stability
1 year warranty on producing failures
Inflate / deflate
SUP is inflated in nearly 4 mins with standard pump
Very stylish and modern design with beautiful MOAI design made by an established designer
Included in the package
The board includes the MOAI standard paddle. This paddle is made out of high-quality aluminum and is adjustable in length. The height can be set with the length indicator that is on the paddle. This paddle exists out of 3 pieces for easy transport and is decorated with the MOAI tribal print on the blade. I love the matching design of the blade, don’t you?
MOAI has a double action pump included with the package and it seems to work very well. When I tried this out it only took me 4 minutes to inflate the board to the desired pressure of 15 PSI. If you don’t have my immense power it might take you 1 or 2 minutes longer 😉
The MOAI safety leash is included with the board. This is a coiled leash, so it only extends when you actually fall in the water. You can lock it around your ankle with velcro and it has a sturdy construction with aluminum pins.
The MOAI backpack is very comfortable and has a great design that matches with the board. It has a handy small zipper pocket in the front. This backpack has wheels to easily roll it over steady surfaces. It has handles on the top and on the side for carrying, but mostly you will use the carrying straps with convenient front lock.
Optional accessoires (not included)
Because extra safety measures never hurt anyone!
Aqua Marina Bluedrive Power fin
For those who are too lazy to paddle themselves 😉
Difference between an Inflatable board and a Hard board
Advantages Inflatable board
- Easy to take on holiday (even on the plane)
- Easy to store in the winter days
- Much cheaper
- Technology has improved greatly over the past 10 years. For this reason, these boards are now almost hard to distinguish from hard boards
- More speed, which is important if you are a professional
- Easier to make sharp turns on the water because the board is thinner
- No inflation needed, you can get on the water right away
Frequently Asked Questions about the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board
What is the size of the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
Length: 11′ Width: 30″, Thickness: 6″
What is the maximum carrying capacity of the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
331 lbs / 150 kg
What is included when purchasing the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
MOAI Premium Backpack, height adjustable aluminium paddle, MOAI coiled leash, Double Action Hand Pump, Repair kit
What is the weight of the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
20 lbs / 9 kg
How many fins does the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board have?
3 fins, 2 small fins and one big removable fin
How many D-rings does the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board have?
5 D-rings. Bungee cord on front, one for attaching your leash
How long is the warranty on the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
The warranty on this board is 1 year
Does the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board have an action-camera mount?
No, it does not
How many handles does the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board have?
It has one handle in the middle of the board
What pressure can the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board be inflated to?
It can be inflated up to 15 PSI
How long does it take to inflate the MOAI 11′ Paddle Board?
About 4.5 minutes with the supplied double action pump
Conclusion – Should you buy?
I have tested the board in a number of different conditions and have been very impressed by the versatility and quality. As a new brand on the market (MOAI has only been around since 2017), they are not inferior to the very best boards from, for example, Aqua Marina.
The quality of the boards is very good and the accessories supplied are of a very high quality. Although a fiberglass or carbon paddle is preferred if you want to take longer trips on your board, in this case you have to take a paddle upgrade into account.
There are hardly any disadvantages to the board, since you get a complete package and the carrying weight of 330 lbs is very decent.
The board is of course slightly more expensive than a standard Aqua Marina paddle board, but with the quality that comes with it, this board is also worth the higher price.
The MOAI 11′ is a great board for almost anyone who wants to go out on the water to paddle. Also relaxing on the water, doing yoga exercises and depending on the total weight even paddleboarding together is possible with this board
In my eyes a true all-rounder that I can recommend to everyone!